Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Downloading full sized images from sets

Downloading full sized images from sets 4 years 2 months ago #1948

• priest22artist
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello PV Members, Models, Admins, Etc,

I'm a photo junkie, much like I imagine many of you out there are. I take pictures, collect pictures, and generally it's my hobby.

I joined up with pixel-vixens today after seeing a thread on 4chan's /mlp with Glitch doing her Changling cosplay. I've never paid for a membership on a site like this before, but I really like the idea behind PV in general. It's art and it's the naughty stuff - real people just having a bit of fun with Cosplay and (hopefully) making decent cash by doing something they like.

I got my membership, went into the galleries, and found that I couldn't see the full sized pictures...and that there is no way to download the sets. I was disappointed to say the least. I understand it from a business sense...sort of...by keeping the pictures exclusive to the site, it promotes continued membership...in theory...but I'm not really here to view a slideshow. I want to see the detail! I want to see background, lighting, her outfit - the photo nerd stuff. I don't mind paying to support the site on a continued basis, especially if there is more content added...that's why I bought a three month membership when I only had the intention of downloading Glitch's set - I liked the idea behind the site.

I'd like to suggest that the full sets, with the ability to download the high rez originals from the photoshoots be made available for download to paying members. I don't even mind paying a premium to do it.

There will be some piracy of the pictures if you do this, yes, but there are many people like me out here who would support PV just because of what it is...if it hadn't been for 4chan, I wouldn't even have known PV existed. It could be a very good thing.

Anyone else think the same as I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackCat, HadaPixie

Downloading full sized images from sets 4 years 2 months ago #1950

• noelcypress
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 124
Hi Priest! 

We do not and will not be offering downloads of our sets anytime in the future. We do this due to an onslaught of piracy issues we had when the old Pixel Vixens was in business some years ago. Due to it having been a huge issue in the past, we nipped it in the butt by simply not making it available. 

You are still able to look at the pictures in different sizes, there is a + and - button on the left side of the gallery, above the clips. Its under the arrows that point up,down,left,and right button. Just click that and it will give you the option the change the size, ect for the photos for closer or further away looks.

Hope this helps! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: HadaPixie

Downloading full sized images from sets 4 years 2 months ago #1954

• priest22artist
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Since it wasn't mentioned in your post, I wanted to say thank you for changing the flash photo player layout.  

For those who haven't been back to the galleries yet today,  the layout was changed to allow a larger view of the images to be seen on screen!

PV peeps - Go check out your favorite girls and sets...and admins (Noel especially), thanks for doing this :)
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds