Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WWE fans?

WWE fans? 8 months 4 weeks ago #6083

• Nearphotison
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
*raises hand*

I'm honestly pretty excited for the brand split. I wasn't about a month ago, but the Raw after Battleground got me pretty excited for the direction of the company. SmackDown has a lot of potential, too, though they have to rebuild a lot of guys that have been getting buried for years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WWE fans? 8 months 4 weeks ago #6084

• DJsubtract
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Yep, I watched them both and enjoyed them both. Although the order of some of the draft picks didn't make sense. Like when Mick and Stephanie just watched Sami rush out before Kevin's match with Kane start's, they both try to end each other, Kane then chokeslams the both of them which kinda bury's them both at the same time and then Stephanie immediately draft's Sami to Raw. Owens had to wait till the next round of drafts to get picked and Kane didn't even get drafted by Bryan and Shane till the aftershow. That made no sense. :unsure:
It would have been better if Owens simply got drafted by Mick and Steph, after Shane drafts Bray, Kevin comes out the back to order Mick not to draft Sami to Raw, he say's Sami should be drafted to Smackdown so he never has to see him ever again after their match at Battleground, Mick want's Sami on Raw so he draft's him, Kevin loses it which brings out Sami, they fight/fight/fight which interrupts Shane and Bryan's draft pick, they call for someone to bring some order which brings out Kane to the ring, he doesn't attack them, he just does his fire thing which cause's Sami to back off and Kevin to run through the crowd like the cowardly bully he is, as a result Bryan drafts his old tag team partner to Smackdown, they hug, Yes/Yes/Yes, Kane want's to give Shane a hug too but Shane turn's it down due to the whole electrocuted testicles thing and everybody win's. :lol:
It's the daft little details that WWE makes that annoy me. I just wish they would rethink some of these tiny little annoyances. ;)

WWE fans? 8 months 4 weeks ago #6086

• Nearphotison
  • Junior Boarder
^ That would've made a lot more sense. As it was booked, the draft felt completely removed from the overall narrative of WWE. Like, they decided who was getting drafted and when in a boardroom in Connecticut, then just played it out without any of the storytelling you'd expect from a wrestling show.

WWE fans? 8 months 4 weeks ago #6088

• DJsubtract
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Yes, and I'm sure everything that's get's written in that boardroom look's great on paper but as we all know...in action...it doesn't always work out. ;)

WWE fans? 8 months 4 weeks ago #6089

• Nearphotison
  • Junior Boarder
I'm sure they have reasons for putting people where they did, it would've been nice if they translated some of those choices into things that would actually allow the draft to make some kind of sense. As fun and exciting as Raw and SmackDown were this week, watching the draft the week before was kind of a chore...

WWE fans? 7 months 2 weeks ago #6157

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Well summerslam was....lackluster to say the least. Who the hell thought putting the US title and Lesner/Orton match over the two world title matches was a good idea?
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds