Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BOOKS

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4070

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
So any of us avid readers here on PV? Like print books, not manga. Not like I don't love manga, but that has it's own thread. What books are you in the middle of reading or just finished? What did you think? I admit, I'm a horrific slow reader, but thanks to my job being third shift all by my lonesome at a gas station. I've gotten more and more audio books and have been blazing through those. I'm currently on the first book of game of thrones. I'd probably have some characters I'd like........except I already know through word of mouth that's not going to last.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4073

• Captain Theo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I've been reading Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman. Books are a lost art, especially print :( More people need to read!

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4075

• Sciguy98
  • Expert Boarder
I'm ashamed to admit that most of my print books are RPG rulebooks. Most of the literature I read is older stuff that's passed into public domain, so I read online. I'm also kinda pressed for free time, so I tend to partake in novels via audio books.

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4076

• Captain Theo
  • Gold Boarder

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4079

• JessiSlaughter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I pretty much stick to reading cook books. Hahahaha I'm obsessed. And I have also been on a natural health/herbal/supplemental book kick as well. I too am a SUPER slow reader and it really takes a lot for a book to hold my attention. The last real series I read was Twilight, like 10 times hahaha yep 

BOOKS 2 years 2 months ago #4086

• Sciguy98
  • Expert Boarder
That's another thing, I'm a really slow reader, too. Don't get me wrong, I can read really fast. Non-fiction, educational, or instructional books I get through really quickly. But for fiction I'm kind of a cinematic reader and I don't like moving on until I have a good mental image of what it going on, and I make up voices in my head for all the characters so I read dialogue at conversation speed.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds