Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dealing with...stuff

Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1750

• RenCross08
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks to me being a member of this site, I got the urge to finish my first true cosplay. The only thing that holds me back somewhat is the fact that I'm COMPLETELY self-conscious about the way I look. I always feel like I wouldn't do the character justice. Everyone, has there been a time that you felt self-conscious about yourself, and if so, how did you overcome it. I could really use the help. Maybe if I muster up the balls, I might post a few pics under Shameless Self Promotion or something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1752

• BlackCat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Dude..so am i~ I overcome it by looking at other cosplayer who are a similar body type and get inspiration that way. I know i may not be skinny, but i have curves and i learn to work with what i got. Believe me, i feel self-conscious too.

Re: Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1754

• Howitzer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dude, I know exactly where youre coming from. Hell, I've been cosplaying for... damn, 7 years and I still am self-conscious about my cosplays and my body. I didnt cosplay at katsu because I didnt like the way my cosplays were coming along so I slowed down and didnt rush them. Im a mess when it comes to debuting new cosplays. And even while I was shooting my set for the website last monday I was SUPER worried about the way I looked and we ended up taking over 600 photos (almost half of which I threw out even though my photographer loved them) because I didnt think I had the right attitude in them.

As far as over-coming self-consciousness? I dont think everyone completely over comes it because even some of the best models and sexiest people on the planet still have moments when they are self-conscious. Just always know that no matter what, you did your best in making the cosplay so no one can say anything to you. And if they do, just remember: "They are thieves of joy and should die horrible horrible deaths." lol

Re: Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1755

• crimsonlight
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I'm very self-conscious myself... I've been wanting to apply to various sites but I feel I don't fit the style you know? I don't really cosplay much but I heard I'm actually a pretty good looking guy (even got myself a girlfriend who works in a maid cafe), but I always feel I could improve and be "not so chubby". O///O I admit I have doubts about my endowment as well.

But I agree, one should have fun with it... do your best and just get out there. I'm working on my confidence issues and one day I'll finally send out an application to some of those sites and see if I've got the stuff!
One day, I wish to rule the world... living, dead, real, or digital

Re: Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1759

• BlackCat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Your girlfriend works at a maid cafe?!!! Lucky~
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BlackCat.

Re: Dealing with...stuff 4 years 4 months ago #1761

• crimsonlight
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
O///O Yeah, I still get surprised by that sometimes... I think she's taking time off right now because she'll be going to Chicago for college for the next four years and she won't be in Texas very much to keep up with her duties.

I still cheer her on though, I hope that one day she'll be able to return to the maid cafe where she and I first met... they did idol concerts and everything fun like that at small local cons.
One day, I wish to rule the world... living, dead, real, or digital
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds