Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What sorts of characters do you like to play?

What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1326

• Sciguy98
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Thread subject says it all! Personally, I like to play the super curious, theif/rogue types. The characters that want to know what's under every rock and behind every door.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1328

• crimsonlight
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I play mostly stealth types, I like being unseen and the thrills of sneaking are quite exhilarating when your bonuses pay off... it's also a challenge to stay in shadows when there is light all around
One day, I wish to rule the world... living, dead, real, or digital

Re: What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1329

• Zelda_
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
It depends, if we are talking MMOs, my favorite classes are split between healer and rogue types, generally. Almost always avoid tank, and DPS classes get a little bit of love (generally caster over melee), but play a bit of everything in MMO. Mains just generally tend to be healers or rogues.

If we are talking about tabletop, I am a bit more all over the place. The class type is less important to me than the character itself and the story I tell with them. My first DND character was a rogue, and I will always love sneaky types - Then I played a fighter who kicked huge amounts of ass, I also loved her. Now I am playing a drow sorcerer in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles campaign, named Elrond Hubbard - She rides a bicycle and has a bat familiar, and she is pretty neato. Haven't gotten to roleplay too much with her yet. Just rolled up a new character last night that I am excited to play, he is a gnome bard who only speaks broken common (in a very thick German accent), wears leather studded liederhosen, performs with yodeling, the alpine horn, or a ventriloquist doll that wears a gimp mask. He also is a traveling merchant who sells throat lozanges and smokes weed out of his giant alpine horn and tries to use his bard skills to convince the male members of the party to have sex with him. He is the best.

Re: What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1332

• Angelalex242
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Paladin, full stop. I am Sir Smitey the Smiter of Evil everywhere!

I prefer to PrC out of Book of Exalted Deeds with the Fist of Raziel class.

(Sadly, I'm not that holy in real life, if I was, wouldn't be here!)

Re: What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1333

• Sciguy98
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
@Zelda: I don't always play for story since I also get off on mechanics. But when I do, I like making up family members, past job history, any scars or tatoos, etc. I feel sometimes like I'm making an FBI dossier rather than a character. I let those decisions guide the mechanics and I'm usually left with really a really awesome character when I finally get to play them.

I generally don't touch casters in tabletop games because they typically have way too much bookkeeping, but in MMOs I lke to play casters. My favourite MMO character was my Red Mage in FFXI, lol.

Re: What sorts of characters do you like to play? 4 years 9 months ago #1334

• crimsonlight
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I like telling stories with tabletops too... but since I play stealth types like rogues and assassins, I end up just being an enigma for most of the adventuring and when there's a break at an inn or something is when I start spilling small details of my character's history. His motivations are usually the same, find a traitor or monster that annihilated his clan/guild or killed his lover. However I have once made a character who was just bloodthirsty and insane... those kinds of assassins are pretty interesting too, the killer who doesn't care about the money and just wants the thrill of killing.
One day, I wish to rule the world... living, dead, real, or digital
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds