Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda 2 months 1 week ago #6350

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
So, the new mass effect game has been out of a bit. Has anyone picked it up? What do you think of it? I LOVE mass effect trilogy. It's one of the best games of all time in my opinion, and I'm not ashamed to admit tearing up at points in the game. So I had to get this the day of launch. And it's......ok. I'm not done with the game by any means and I'll try not to post anything too deep about the game itself to not spoil anything but, not only does it seem like they were trying to do too much at one time, with the crafting, exploring, multiplayer/app game, site building, new grand enemies, and powers. It also seems like they did very little to really branch these things out. One of the key story lines with your character deals with your dad. And fuck me, am I done with games with daddy issues and living up to daddy. :sick: Other aspects of the game don't so much take inspiration from other franchises but straight up uses the same ideas just under different name. My game hasn't been as glitchy as others have been claiming and I'm....maybe 1/4 of the way through. So I won't like stop playing it. But I just feel like this could have gone a better direction than where I am seeing this. But maybe that's just me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 2 months 1 week ago #6351

• lonetechx
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I haven't played the Mass Effect series but I've heard good reviews on them. I'm usually a story-rid kind of guy but I've been a bit busy on different games and haven't had any chance to play Mass Effect. I haven't touch my Halo well over a year or so and I've been a bit busy on Overwatch. But for this latest Mass Effect, I'm gonna say that it's awesome and have this continuation of the original series that fans have been waiting to see after the first set.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 2 months 1 week ago #6353

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I'll give ya a heads up. While it takes place in the same universe, it really doesn't have any connection with the previous games. Not story wise anyway. So you technically could play this one first if you like. But yes, if you haven't yet I implore you to play the original trilogy (with almost all the DLC). It is worth all the hours you put into it. Another heads up about the original trilogy though, the combat changes drastically from one 1 to 2 to 3. So depending on your class, you might have to completely change how you play each one.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 2 months 1 day ago #6365

• Acrum92
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I thought about picking it up, but then i started to hear rather bland reviews in comparison to the other games so I kinda looked it over at the moment. Maybe wait until a price drop before I snatch it up

Mass Effect: Andromeda 1 month 1 day ago #6404

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
So I just finished the whole game and.....yeah. My opinion hasn't changed too much. It seems like either the the team either wanted to do so many things they couldn't focus on just one. Or EA wanted to put extra crap into the game (like resource gathering for multiplayer) and wouldn't let them make the game they wanted to make. But considering that bioware has pulled out such great sequels like Dragon Age: Inquisition without EA forcing their way into the game so who knows. :unsure:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds