Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amiibos

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3956

• Captain Theo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Anyone else collect the plastic crack?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3958

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Since I dont' own a wiiU yet, no. And it's a plus because the time I get one all the figures will be out and I don't have to deal with this manufactured scarcity bs my retail job is doing to people who want it first day.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Darkhair.

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3959

• DJsubtract
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I only have Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Peach, Lucario, and Sheik. I've only been to Gamestop twice this year because I'm just too busy to go and pick up some more and too lazy to order them online.  :)

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3963

• Captain Theo
  • Gold Boarder
Today is the first day I actually did much to try to find them.. woke up at too-early-in-the-morning ot go to Toys R Us... line 30 minutes before opening. Got Mega Man, that was it from the new ones. Found a Sheik at Walmart. So far I have Zelda, Sheik, Link, Toon Link, Falcon, Mega Man, Fox, Marth, Yoshi, Peach, Samus, and Pit. Series 4 I'm just preordering, these are annoyingly hard to find. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't meet demand better.

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3964

• Darkhair
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
It's the manufactured scarcity bs I was talking about. Skylanders pulls the same crap with their new waves of figures too. It's to keep the demand up for months and months and MAKE people preorder, instead of just making a bunch and having everyone get it at once. And its a way for scalpers to make a TON of money as well.

Amiibos 2 years 10 months ago #3965

• Captain Theo
  • Gold Boarder
I think in this case it's Nintendo is fucking terrible in North America, period. Skylanders weren't this bad, nor was Disney Infinity. I did both. I found the rare Skylanders days after they'd hit, because stores got more than 2. Nintendo always underestimates demand. Look at the Majora's Mask "New" 3DS or the Collector's Edition of the game. Hell, look at Nintendo Store only collectors editions, they seem to think America doesn't want what the rest of the world does. I can easily import Amiibos from other regions since they're region free and use/collect them without the hassle of finding them here. I think Nintendo is just completely out of touch with the American market.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds